Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Man to catch up once again

I am getting so bad at blogging! Sorry everyone-I promise to try to get better. Things have been crazy here as usual. I think I posted last time that Kiersten, Kayleigh and Justice all got pink eye and Kiersten was running fevers. Guess what-Kayleigh and Justice got rid of the pink eye but Kiersten still has that and the fevers so I have put a call in to her doctor yesterday and hoping to get a call back soon. I decided to try to let the fever go this time without an appointment but when it has been going on for 11 days I think it is probably time to do something besides Motrin and Tylenol. Oh yeah-maybe I should mention-I also woke up with pink eye this morning-fun times!

Jon left for the field today. He will be gone until the 17th. After this he will graduate. There is a chance he will have to leave right after that for 60 days somewhere but I am really praying he doesn't because then he will for sure miss our Disney trip. The only thing that might stop him from going is the fact they want him to have a passport and something else and he has neither. It has been a very long year for him so please keep him in your prayers as he finishes this up. All the stress has gotten to him a lot lately and I am hoping that he will feel less stressed when school is over with.

To add to everything, because you know things just can't be normal in our house, Adrianna came down last night and told us that her neck hurt. When we looked at it we noticed that where she was saying it hurt there were two lumps. Not sure what it is all about but of course the clinic has no appointments today so I am waiting to see if I can get her in to the AMEC clinic-can't call until 3pm though. I just hope it is from some kind of virus or something and nothing that is serious. I always worry too much and didn't get much sleep last night because I was thinking about it the whole time.

These kids are growing so fast it amazes me. Kayleigh and Kiersten talk so much now. Kiersten is so cute because she comes up to Jon and I and is always saying-You are my favorite mommy or daddy and her voice is so cute. This morning I told her she was such a big girl because she got herself dressed and she got a huge smile on her face, gave me a big hug and said-thank you mommy! Kayleigh is always right there to follow-copying every word. Of course I was taking a shower this morning and when I was rinsing my hair I had my eyes closed-when I was done I looked down and there was Kayleigh undressed and standing in the tub in front of me with a big smile on her face. She said she wanted to take a shower too but I find it so funny how she snuck in so quietly!

Adrianna is getting so excited about starting school. She keeps asking everyday if we can start now instead of the 20th. I keep telling her no-we have to wait-especially since I am still waiting for their school supplies to get here. That is so frustrating but supposedly they have shipped now. I just hope that she is able to do well with me teaching her. I know it isn't always going to be easy but I am very excited about it. I still have a few things that I have to buy but we are almost all set with everything.

The boys are the boys. They are actually enjoying the time they have been spending together this summer and have not yet killed one another. I don't think they have been arguing as much as they were the last few months and that is so nice. Now if I could get them to continue to keep their room clean it would be great. Justice thought he was going to be so good and clean their room all by himself without being asked the other day and I was like-awesome job. Then I figured out where all the stuff ended up-under the bed, in the closets but it was so funny because he thought he worked so hard on it----so hard at hiding it that is!!!

Ok-so I think that is enough for now! I have some stuff to get done before I take the kids up to the school for lunch! Hope everyone is doing great!
Stacy

2 comments:

LosingSanity said...

Summer is a busy time..i haven't been blogging like I usually do, either. I hope the pink eye goes away..that stuff can be so contagious and i can imagine how easy it is to pass along the kids.

The doctor situation always amazes me because if i call my doctor right now, at 4pm with an issue (be it me or the kids) he will either get me in this afternoon before closing (even if it means staying late) or I can get in first thing in the morning. I have NEVER had to wait to get in when I felt one of us needed it. Always can get same day if it is something important. Good luck with it and I hope you are able to get Adrianna in to get checked.

Jody said...

Hi Stace!! :) I was wondering when you are posting again. sorry jon is gone, i hope it goes fast for you!