Sunday, June 21, 2009

Life is crazy

Again I am slacking on the posts! Things have been crazy here! I have not been feeling well for awhile and not sure why. If it keeps up I am going to probably make me an appointment with the doctor but you all know how much time I have on my hands for that.

This last week was an ok one. Adrianna had her appointment with her psychologist and he went over her testing she had done with me. He said he went over it more than once and he really thinks-especially after the testing-that she has Aspergers Syndrome. For those that don't know what that is-it is a high functioning type of autism. I have two more papers to fill out and give to him and that will make his final decision but he thinks everything that he found out in the testing and the things that we knew from before all point to Aspergers. The crazy thing is we were not surprised. Before we moved from Germany a guy that Jon knows told Jon that he thought Adrianna had Aspergers. He has a son with it and Adrianna showed the same signs that his son did at her age. It will be a long road ahead of us but it is sooo good to finally have a diagnosis and to know how to go about teaching her things and helping her work through all of her problems.

On Friday my Fun Friday group came out to Linden Oaks since I haven't been able to go in awhile! We went to the neighborhood pool andhad so much fun. We were there 4 hours and I am pretty toasted! I am still not used to this NC sun but I am slowly learning it takes a very short time here before you burn. The kids all had sunblock on but Kayleigh ended up looking pretty bad-not because of the sun but we later found out we think it is from the chemicals in the pool. She has always had problems with her skin and this is the second time we have gone to the pool and the second time she has had this reaction with her skin. I guess next time we go I will give her a bath immediately after and see if that helps!

This has been a pretty good weekend. As soon as I get off of here I am going to make sure this house is sparkling clean because I won't have time to do much this week with VBS and then Friday I leave for Ericka's house! I think I may start rearranging the front room as well getting ready for school! We start on July 20th and all of us are looking forward to it. I hope that everyone has had a great week and that all the fathers out there have had a great Fathers day!
Stacy

3 comments:

jaklew said...

It was great to see you Friday. we'll have to get together again sometime. it was good to meet your big kids too! next time we'll all do better about sunscreen! have a good week.
Kristen

LosingSanity said...

I am sure it is nice to have a diagnosis, an explanation for her behavior.

Hope your week goes well and you need to set aside some time for an appointment for you. IF you aren't well, then what?!

Jody said...

Glad to hear you guys are doing good! :)