Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A bright day

SO after having so many bad days in a row we are having a few bright ones minus a few things. Jons parents are here visiting so we are having a nice time. It is a short trip-they got here yesterday and are leaving tomorrow but we take what we can get. Please pray for his dad to get better though-he hasn't been feeling well and then Adrianna started running a high fever last night. I am reall praying that Kiersten doesn't get it because she can't afford to get any fevers that could give her another seizure.

Well, I got several calls today that said my Grandpa's funeral was nice. I guess the place was full-more for the funeral than that are there for church. That is nice to know that so many people cared for him. Other than that nothing much new-unless we count the fact that Adrianna refused to get on the bus yesterday! I was not happy with her because I also had to go to the doctors yesterday so I could get my medicine refilled and had to take all three girls instead of just the twins. You would think she would help but she just got the girls all worked up while we were there. I just don't know what to do with her when she won't go to school. Any advise about that is greatly appreciated! Well, hope that everyone has a great day!
Stacy

3 comments:

Jody said...

Man Stacy, I am just now catching up on all your posts! I am sorry for your lose, and sorry for all the stress you have got to be under. Girl, I am praying for you! :) Jody

LosingSanity said...

I don't know if I have any advice at all. Makenneh can be difficult at times and there have been times where I have had to resort to bribery to get her to behave decently in certain situations. I will throw some ideas out there, not knowing what you have tried/considered. Have you tried rewarding good behavior and ignoring bad? Sometimes kids act out as a way of getting our attention and if that doesn't work, they may stop the acting out. Another one is using a goal type chart in which she earns stickers/stars/smileys for every day that she gets through without a meltdown/tantrum. After she collects a certain amount (you determine based on what you know about her and her capabilities..u don't want to set the goal too difficult bc it will set her up for failure but you don't want it to be toooo easy either), give her a reward...be it an extra book at bedtime, certain amount of one on one time with you, a trip to the park, anything that would appeal to her, doesn't have to be toy or candy. One more....try devoting a certain amount of time for just the two of you (and maybe even daddy and Adrianna time) each week. Maybe she just needs the extra time and attention. I can email you some more ideas if you would like. If you are really at your wit's end (as I get with Makenneh), try seeing if her school has a behavioral therapist or if there is one in your area. I worked with one through headstart with Makenneh her first year...it did help some. Good luck, I know how trying it can be.

LosingSanity said...

Can you email me your new address, please?