Thursday, September 25, 2008

So tired but hope it is a better day!

Wow-I tell you things have been challenging lately-of course when are they not. Adrianna finally went to school today! This is the first day this week that she has gone and it is Thursday. We have just been at a loss with her. I even went up to the school yesterday and told them I need help with her. I just don't know what to do to get her to school. So yesterday she had to stay in her room all day with no toys and no books to read-including magazines which is her favorite thing to do. Everything had to be done in her room except for going to the bathroom-she even ate her meals in there. She took the punishment well I will say that. She told me that she had all summer to be with me and Jon and that she is afraid when she gets on the bus that something is going to happen to us. I told her that we will be fine-I just stay home all day and Daddy goes to work. I also told her that if she didn't go to school today then she wouldn't be going on Friday when they would be going on their field trip. Not only that but if she doesn't go to school on Friday's that means that the whole weekend would be spent in her room just like she did yesterday. Needless to say she got up this morning and got on that bus with a smile on her face-I was scared though because Justice has a fever this morning and was not able to go to school so I thought that might make her not get on the bus. Hopefully she will be getting on from now on.

One crazy thing though-since she has not been going to school we still have been getting her homework and one of her assignments this week was to take a walk outside and then come in and write down all the signs of fall that she noticed. This assignment would of been much easier if we still lived in Germany or Michigan but not here. Luckily we found a few leaves that were changing colors and there was bit of a breeze so we had a couple things that we could write down. Well, here we are two days after the assignment and I think it would of been a better day for an assignment like that. It is cold and windy and rainy and everything-when I walked the dog this morning I was thinking-man this is fall for sure. Of course it all has to do with the disturbance that is off the coast of the Carolinas but hey-it seems like a seasonal change to me!

Other than that I am just sitting and relaxing today. I am so tired and I really don't care if a single things doesn't get done. The house is clean except for some dishes that are in the sink so I think that I deserve to relax a little today-tomorrow can be my laundry day and getting ready for Michael and the twins party on Saturday. We are not doing much for it-just doing hot dogs on the grill and instead of cake Michael asked me to make Pretzel Salad so we are having that. My sister in law and her family are coming and a couple of neighbor boys. My sister and her family as supposed to come but I heard from my mom that she doesn't think she is coming-just wish she would of told me that instead of someone else but oh well!

Hope that everyone has a great day and I will update again later!
Stacy

1 comment:

LosingSanity said...

I know I just sent you an email, but after reading this post, maybe you need to tap into that fear that she has of everything being ok. Hopefully you can find a way to reassure her that everything is ok. Maybe you could use some verses from the Bible to remind her that we are never alone and that God is always there for us. I hope that she went to school again today and that Monday brings a new page where she gets on the bus with that smile every day for you! Keep giving her lots of hugs and reassurances and ask her to show you that beautiful smile!!!

Hope the birthday celebration goes well and you have beautiful sunshine!!