Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Update on Kiersten and My Grandpa

So took Kiersten today to her 2 year check up this morning. She is 50% in both height and weight while Kayleigh is 10% in height and 45% in weight-I will have to get the exact measurements later because right now I can't remember them! Everything went good there and she is right where she should be motor skills wise so that is good. This afternoon I took her to the neurologist and got the EEG done and then we seen the doc. He said the EEG was great and that he thinks she is just having the febrile seizures. He said that it is very possible that she will have more since she has already had two so that was so nice to hear (Please note sarcasim). He told me even if she starts to look sick but does not have a fever start the Motrin and Tylenol around the clock and do not stop it in the evenings. He thinks she may be one of those children that the fever doesn't just go up gradually but all of the sudden goes from normal temps to extreme temps and that is what is causing the seizures so that is why we need to give her the meds before the fever starts if we suspect that she is getting sick. He doesn't think that she has epilepsy but did say that she is at a greater risk of getting it than most kids although her risk is only 4%. I am still keeping an eye on her and am loving this new baby monitor because at this moment I am downstairs typing this but also looking over at the monitor and watching her sleep peacefully!

My mom also told me today that they are going to take my Grandpa off the ventilator tomorrow. They didn't last week because he got slightly better but things have gone bad from there. He did squeeze my Aunts hand but they also said that they can tell that he is in alot of pain and nothing that they have given him has helped that pain any. They will probably take him off first thing in the morning and go from there. If he breaths on his own that is great but he probably won't they think so I am trying to prepare myself for some bad news within the next few days. Kind of not a good time for me to deal with this because this week is also the anniversary of Bryce's death and birth so between thinking about that, Kiersten getting so sick and now having to think about losing my Grandpa I am not having a good time right now-not to mention the fact that Jons parents will be here in less than a week and I still have unpacking that I wanted to have done already! Please pray for him and the family as we all start going through all of this! Well, I am off to bed. Hope that everyone has a good night! Thanks for all the prayers so far!

Stacy

1 comment:

LosingSanity said...

I hope you don't have to worry about any more seizures. That has to be a very scary thing to go through. Keep us posted.

I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. Which grandpa is it? I was assuming your mom's dad, because I know he has had some health issues. I will be thinking about and praying for all of you. The days ahead are going to be difficult, I'm sure. And you have so much going on already. These last two posts have made me cry, just thinking about all that you are going through at one time. My heart breaks. I pray God gives you the strength to get through all of this.

((((HUGS)))))