Monday, November 24, 2008

I was asked a question on what I was thankful for and it got so long and so important to me that I decided to post it on here! Hope it doesn't bore anyone! Have a great Thanksgiving and truly think about what you are thankful for!

There is so so much I am thankful for. I am thankful to God for giving me my beautiful family. My wonderful husband that I love more every day-through everything that we have gone through we have gotten closer and closer. He loves his family so much and works so hard for them. He is a great father to them and spends all the time that he can with them because he knows how special that time is for him and for them. I am thankful for the smiles on all their faces when they get to spend that time together. He is the one that makes the kids life so fun. I am greatful for my wonderful, beautiful children-the ones with me and the ones that are not for they have taught me to cherish the ones that I have. For Michael who teaches me new things every day. That boy is so so smart and loves people so much. He is such a caring little boy. For Adrianna, my beautiful girl who has her struggles dealing with things but has taught me so much about unconditional love. Her beautiful smile makes my day and how she loves her little sisters and cares about helping me and Jon just makes me want to hold her and hug her and protect her from anything that makes her uncomfortable or scared!


Ok-time for a new paragraph! I am thankful for Justice--oh boy! That boy has so much energy and brings so much laughter to this house! You just have to love him-even when he is bad sometimes it is hard to punish him because he is funny. He just has so much mischief in him but so much love and happiness. I am thankful for Kayleigh-she just says the cutiest things that make my day. I love when she says I love you-it sounds so so cute! She is such a happy little girl for the most part. She loves to be read to and give us hugs and kisses. She is such a little pleaser. And then there is Kiersten. Now I have to say right off the bat I struggle with this some times. I don't in any way favor Kiersten or love her any more than the other kids. I will say I am in awe of her. I feel so blessed to have her as my child. I feel God has given me a mircle-that is the only way I can explain her. First-not everyone has twins-obvious. I got a double blessing from God when he gave us the twins and even though I know that these two are not the two babies that we lost but I feel that God gave them to us because we didn't give up on him after everything and with them being due the day that we were due with the first baby that we lost and finding out that I was pregnant with them on the day that Bryce was supposed to be born I feel that was definitely a sign from God and then a few weeks later find out that I was having two babies-how can you deny that. But back to Kiersten-God has shown us so much through her. We have to totally rely on him with all of our children and with Kiersten I feel blessed to be able to watch her grow and laugh and just love. To think that if she was born maybe not even 7-10 years earlier she wouldn't of lived because of her heart problem and here she is bigger than her "older" and "bigger" twin. Even with the seizures it teaches us that we have to trust God everyday with the lives of our little ones. It is so hard to watch her go through these hard things and I wonder why she has to I really don't think it fair for her but God knows why she does and he also knows why she is here and with us. It just amazes me how much God loves all of us and I am thankful for every minute I get to spend with my family.


I am thankful for my In laws-all of you! You all have touched my life in so many ways. You all have helped us through so much and I know that I can count on all of you for prayers or advise when we need it. Especially thankful for Mom and Dad who has been there through so much. Letting me and the kids live with them when Jon went to Korea. That turned out to be such a tough year and I don't know what I would of done without them. So much happened with my health and the health of the kids during that time that there is no way I would of been able to deal with it on my own. That was the year that Justice got so sick and was finally diagnosed with asthma, Adrianna was diagnosed with the kidney disease and I was told that my kidneys were only at 50% function and it straightened up my act on not having the salt and caffeine that I loved! Without there support I would of went nuts. And then when Kiersten had to have her heart surgery they dropped everything and came to help us with the other kids and supported not only us but touched so many other people at the Ronald McDonald house in the process! They truly are an example of God's love!

Last but certainly not least I am so greatful for my mom and grandma. They are truly my best friends I don't know what I would do without them. They have helped me with so much through my whole life and I don't know what I would do without them!

Ok-sorry that was soooo long! Just so much to be thankful for!

1 comment:

LosingSanity said...

Stacy, I think this has to be one of the most beautiful things I have read in a very long time. I have tears running down my face. I hope you know what a truly amazing person you are. YOU are a shining example of God's love.