Sunday, November 23, 2008

A long day...

So when I woke up this morning at 7am I couldn't get back to sleep. I decided to get up and bake 7 dozen cookies. That's right! I had to make cookies for Justice's class for their Thanksgiving meal tomorrow and I doubled the receipt so it made 7 dozen and now we have cookies for Thanksgiving as well! The kids are going to have fun decorating them on that day! Well, after that I had to get the kids ready for church and I decided I would try to go. I didn't have a fever today but still have the headache and coughing with runny nose! It is driving me crazy. Needless to day that by the time the service at church was over with I was exhausted and we still had things to do. We went to Walmart and finally got our turkey for Thanksgiving. Jon went to the Commissary and called me from there yesterday to tell me they had three turkeys left-all 13 lbs and were $55 each. I freaked out and told him no way-we would shop around today and get a better deal. Sure enough good ol Walmart had a better deal! We ended up getting two turkeys for less than half the price of the one at the Commissary!

I can't wait for Thursday-all the good food we are going to be eating. We are going to have turkey and ham and all the trimmings plus the stuffing and pumpkin pie. My Brother in law is also going to make a Carmel Apple Pie that I have never had before but boy does it sound good and I can't wait to taste it! The boys don't know it yet but since Eric has to work the next day they can only stay the day but the boys can be together for the whole weekend. Not sure if I am having one of Shari's boys and she is having one of mine or if she is taking all the boys but they get to spend the whole weekend together! They will be thrilled but I am not telling them till Thursday!

We have so much to be thankful for this year! First off-HELLO we are back in the States and close to family. Second our kids are all beautiful and doing well. With everything that we have gone through with Kiersten this year God is still with us and is keeping her healthy minus the seizures! She did only gain 2 oz when we took her to the doctors this last week so they want her to come back in three months and check things out. Now there is only 7 oz difference between the girls when there used to be 2 lbs. Kiersten is still a lot taller though.

Anyway, better get off of here and get some rest! I am not sure if I am going to bed early today or not---it is my favorite TV night but I can always watch my show on the computer tomorrow if I want so we will see! Have a great night everyone!
Stacy

2 comments:

Jody said...

I think it's so funny, you guys are so happy to be back in America, and while we love it, we'd go back to Germany in a heartbeat :) I hear you on the turkey! that is way overpriced!

LosingSanity said...

Wow on the turkey prices. Good thing he called you first and you were able to shop around. That is just crazy.

Hope your little lady continues to improve.