Friday, November 7, 2008

So it happened again!

Ok-for those that didn't know Kiersten ended up back in the hospital on Wednesday night. She woke up screaming at 9:55pm and when I ran up there she was running a 103.8 fever. After trying to give her some Tylenol that she threw right back up Jon and I decided to take her right in. When I brought her downstairs to put a new pull up on her she started screaming and jumping like she was seeing things so that freaked me out. Jon sped the whole way there and it was a good thing because literally when we walked in the ER and sat down she started having seizures. They took her back right away and started medications on her to stop them. She ended up having two different episodes of them and they decided to keep her and try to figure out what was causing the seizures. She again lost all control of her body-couldn't sit up or anything. This time she was complaining about her neck so they decided to give her recephin again through an IV this time since she actually managed to not pull it out. The doctors at the hospital thought that maybe she does have a seizure disorder but when they talked to DR. Jaffe-her neurologist-he said he still believes that it is febrile seizures and he doesn't think she needs medication. They don't have medications for febrile seizures so if they gave her the medication from regular seizures then it wouldn't help stop the seizures and would only give her the side effects of the medication. He said I could have an appointment if I wanted but I said it is the same stuff that he said before so I was fine. Well, they finally let her come home today. She still has low grade fevers but has most of her movements back-still a little unsteady on her feet and when she was outside a little while ago she fell and scrapped up her face. I was a little surprised when I got home though because I found out that Dr. Jaffe called and Kiersten does have an appointment to see him Monday morning so I am not sure why he decided to do that. Anyway, please pray for her. This really messes her up and makes her an angry baby so that is kind of hard to deal with-it is like Adrianna times 10! I will get on here after her appointment on Monday and let everyone know what the neurologist says!
Stacy

1 comment:

Jody said...

Oh my gosh Stacy! I am so sorry! How awful for her! and you...