Saturday, December 6, 2008

Another fun day!

SO the first Saturday of every month is supposed to be the day that we take the kids out for a fun not expensive day. We were not going to do it today because of the trip we are taking home for Christmas-we figured we would use that as our trip of the month but we found something fun to do. The base was having this toy drive thing. Their were 3000 guys that jumped from planes today for the kids. In order for them to be able to jump they had to bring in a toy for a child in need and then wait to see if they were one of the ones that had their number drawn. I think the idea is awesome! Needless to say we didn't know exactly where this was happening. Bragg is a huge base so we had to make some calls to finally figure it out. We ended up getting there very late but their were some pluses to that. First we got to park very close! No walking over a mile to get to the drop zone. Second, we got to see the last group of guys jumping (honestly-how long is a kid going to want to sit and watch people jump-I guess my kids would probably do it for awhile because they know that Daddy also does that but hey-they were happy with what they saw). Third, they also had rock climbing for the kids. Since we got there so late there was no lines so the kids got to get right up there and do it. They were so excited about it. Justice got about half way and then decided to look down and that would be about the moment that he got freaked out and decided he was done. Michael got a little over half way and then did the same thing. Then you had Adrianna who would of made it to the top except the fact that she slipped. They loved it. Ok-fourth good thing--cotton candy! What kid doesn't love cotton candy. I had to bring the twins coats home and wash them because they made such a mess with it but they loved it. And fifth-we didn't have to freeze for so long. WE were out there the perfect amount of time to where we were a little chilly but not too bad. And the sixth and best part of it all the cost-----absolutely FREE!!! I love when the military does things like that!

So after that fun time we went to Walmart and got our Christmas clothes! We are getting our pictures done next Saturday and I wanted to make sure that we had some nice clothes to wear for them! Us girls are going to all be wearing some shade of purple although the twins is more of a purple burgandy color but they have beautiful dresses. The guys are all going to be wearing nice pants and blue shirts. I can't wait for the pictures! Still praying that they kids all cooperate for this!

After we came home Jon took Justice out for his special day and they went out for dinner and then grocery shopping. They didn't get home until late but that is ok. Not only that but Jon went and bought some more clippers since we can't figure out where his went and now the boys will also have a nice hair cut for the pictures! I am very happy about that! I think the only bad part of the day is that tonight the flu sickness finally caught up with Michael. Earlier in the week he was feeling dizzy but never actually threw up but that all changed tonight. I am hoping that this doesn't mean that the twins still have a chance to get the flu as well! I am so ready for this sickness to get over with!

Well, I think this is all for tonight! No cool pictures because we forgot the camera! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and I will be back again soon with more updates!
Stacy

2 comments:

LosingSanity said...

Gosh, it does sound like such a great day!

The candlewalk in Clio was last night and I had planned on taking the kids, but it was too darn bitter to even think about walking around downtown for any length of time.

Thank you for sharing that info on the MRI on my blog. I somehow feel like I was supposed to hear that. I can't believe you didn't have to sign a waiver and that they said it would be fine and then have the ppl up here tell Carrie the direct opposite. Well, they never said specifically that it WOULD hurt the baby but rather that it could. I imagine that it is still hard to talk about all of that so I really appreciate you sharing that with me. If you don't mind, I would like to pass that info on to Carrie, just to let her know.

Jody said...

Free, Free is good! I can't wait to see the pics! :)