Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What a great weekend!

We had another great weekend! It was so much fun to spend time with our family and neighbors! We went to one neighbors house on Saturday night for poker night and had a BBQ! We ended up eating steaks instead of ribs because the ribs got burned up some how but I love steak too so it was no big deal! I ended up being the first one out which is usually how it goes but I just love to have fun and play. I never would of thought that Jon's poker set would get as much use as it does but I am glad that he enjoys it!

Sunday was a great day at church. They did a very neat dance thing with some students that were graduating from the Dance school that they have at the church. It was very well done and neat to watch. After church we came home and had lunch and cleaned the house up since the kids had a lot of stuff around.

Yesterday, Jon let me sleep in. Too bad I couldn't fall back asleep after he left the room but it is the thought that counts. I ended up getting up and getting dressed and then folding some laundry in the room before I came out. Our neighbors came over for a BBQ at our house which was really good. Jon made these steaks that literally melted in your mouth. I never tasted anything like it---it was so good. We had so much food that we shouldn't have to make anything for the next two days! We just had a fun time hanging out and then got the kids ready for bed. I did stay up and watch Jon and Kate plus 8! I feel so bad for them and I hope that they can work things out-even if it means they quit the show. I didn't realize until recently that they were married the same day Jon and I were. That means they should be getting ready to celebrate their 10 year anniversary-not going through this stuff. Sometimes I hate the media! Anyway, enough about that.

Today I have to take Kayleigh into the doctor. She has to have a check up on her ears. I am hoping everything is cleared up for her. I know this last ear infection was a nasty one. Her ears seem to be doing ok now though so I am glad about that but we will know for sure when she gets done with her appointment.

This weekend we are going camping with Michael's cubscout group. Should be a lot of fun! Oh-I forgot to mention that Friday night we slept out in the tent. It was a lot of fun. It was frustrating to try to get the kids to go to sleep but still was fun. Then Saturday morning my neighbor came and took the kids over to her house for pancakes so Jon and I could still sleep. When I got out of the tent to go in and take a shower she was walking down the road with them (all 7 kids) all dressed and heading to the park! She is so sweet and the kids had so much fun!

Well, I hope that everyone had a great weekend and has a great day!
Stacy

1 comment:

Jody said...

I am glad you had such a great weekend~ :)