Friday, January 16, 2009

Been awhile

Man-it has been awhile but I sure have been busy! This week I am pretty proud of myself! I have gone to the gym every day since Tuesday. I couldn't go Monday because Adrianna had some appointments. I haven't noticed any weight loss and probably won't for awhile which is frustrating but I am still going. Next week will be off because Monday I think it is closed and Tuesday the kids don't have school so if I go that day it will have to be after Jon comes home from work! I like going in the morning though. We all (except Jon since he is at work) walk up to the school where I drop the older three off and then the twins and I walk over to the neighborhood center where the gym is at! They have a playroom for the girls that has a window wall so I can see them and they can see me! The girls have been doing pretty good with being in there minus Kiersten trying to take something from a baby the first day and then crying the whole time the second day but I have been keeping at it!!!

So the last two days I have had Adrianna up to the hospital. On Wednesday she came home from school and was having pains in the left side of her chest and was seeing yellow spots. I called the doctor and they wanted me to bring her to the ER. They did an EKG, urine, bloodwork, and an xray and then brought her back the next day for an ultrasound on her kidneys. Everything turned out fine. She does have a couple large cysts in her left kidney that may have caused the pain but they are not infected and her kidneys are not enlarged so that is a good thing. They think that it has all been caused by dehydration and maybe some constipation so that is a good thing. We just have to make sure she is drinking lots of water! It was pretty scary though and I hope that it doesn't happen again!

I found out today that my stepdad will be laid off the end of February. Please be praying that he is able to find a new job quickly! I also hope that he finds one closer to where we live. I miss seeing them all the time! This country just has such a shortage of jobs that everyone is struggling and I praying that things work out for everyone!

Justice is driving me crazy. He is having a very hard time in school. The boy just doesn't seem to be able to stay out of trouble! Now he would rather stay home then go to school so he refuses to listen and pulls away from his teacher all the time. He will not take correction from anyone and I think spends more time in the office than actually in class! Please pray that he will get over this phase soon. No matter what type of punishment that we give him it doesn't seem to matter-he still will not listen. I am pretty sure that he is ADHD but I am not going to do the medicine thing because I know that is not the right way to go. It is ok for some people but I think that we can handle it without making him a zombie!

Well, I think that is all for now! Nothing else new here. Hope that everyone has a great day and a great weekend!
Stacy

2 comments:

LosingSanity said...

Wow, lots going on. Good for you for going to the gym.

My dad got laid off the other day and could be indefinitely. It surely sucks. And they don't expect things to get better any time soon.
How are jobs where you are? Is there a chance he could get something in your state? I am sure you would love that!

Hope things get better with the kids...with Adrianna's health and Justice's blip in school.

Jody Cooper Photography said...

You have a point, this economy is really bad right now! It sucks!

Thank You Stacy so much for always leaving me such nice comments on my photography blog. I truly appreciate it!