Monday, January 26, 2009

New information on Adrianna

Looks like we are going to be going through more evaluations with Adrianna. We went back to the psychologist today and he had a little more information for us. He is pretty sure that Adrianna has ADD but also thinks that she has something called PDD (pervasive developmental disorder). It goes along with the Autism spectrums one of which is the asperger syndrome that we wondered about before. If she has this she has one of the more functioning disorders from it. Chances are she will require medication. I told him that I was concerned that it would make her into a zombie and I want her to have a personality. He said that if he or I notices anything like that then we will change the medicine. As of right now she is not on anything. He wants me to get this going and I guess there is a whole packet that you fill out and then a waiting list so this may take awhile. I am not sure if he is going to put her on medication before then or not so I am just waiting for now. I will call the company in the morning and see what I can find out! Please continue to pray for her and the people that are going to be working with her as she goes through all this new testing. If it does end up being what she has then it is going to be a lot easier to get her help in school! I will let you guys know what I find out from the TEACCH program when I get some information. Thanks!

2 comments:

Jody said...

Man Stac, I am so sorry for you... What a catch 22 to have to worry about well if she needs Meds but at the same time not wanting her to be on too much... you are for sure in my prayers lady!

LosingSanity said...

Well, I am sure that it will be nice to know a cause. Knowing a cause leads to possible solutions or at least treatments. I know you are wary of the meds and just remember to be her best advocate. If you don't like something, speak up. I hope all goes well and you have the answers you have been seeking soon! Keep us informed and I will be thinking about you and praying for you and Adrianna.