Saturday, January 31, 2009

So tired

Wow-yesterday was a pretty good day! I went to my first small group and met some people which was nice. The girls got to play and really enjoyed themselves. We had to leave early though because the kids got out of school early. After we went and picked up Jon from work we took a trip to Walmart and got some stuff, Adrianna has a birthday party to go to today and needed a present and we got a card table which we have been wanting for years since Jons mom made the boys a tent to go over a card table and they have never been able to use it because we haven't had the table. After our trip to Walmart we came home and had a Spaghetti dinner and can you believe everyone helped me clean up afterwards. It was the quickest clean up yet and was so nice to have all the help! We also decided that it was going to be a family night. We are going to try to do this on Friday nights so hopefully we can keep it up. We had popcorn and watched Horton hears a Who-it was a cute movie!

The night didn't fair so well for me and Kiersten though. Turns out she has my cold that I had last week and couldn't breath out of her nose. This presents a problem when you are a thumb sucker which she is even though we are trying to break her of it since it is messing up her teeth. Needless to say she woke up several times screaming because she couldn't breath and I rushed in there making sure each time she didn't have a fever and she didn't. Needless to say Jon is out with Justice for breakfast and shopping and I am having him pick up some Vicks to put on her tonight so we both can get some rest!

Today is going to be fun I think. I have to sweep and mop but other than that my spring cleaning is done. At 1pm Adrianna goes to the birthday party and then Jon is going to this house where we are buying a fence from! I can't wait to get that up for sure! Then the dog can go out whenever she wants to just run and play and I can take the girls out and not worry about them running towards the road! This evening we are having some friends over for cards. We will be doing this every Saturday night now-taking turns between our house and one of our friends. When we do it at her house we will be staying the night there so we can have fun longer (she lives 40 minutes away). We just take Daisy with us and she plays with her dogs in the back yard! I am also excited because Valentines weekend we are going to Florida to see my sister Ericka! We haven't seen her in 7 years. I have had three kids she has never met since then and she has had two. That is the joys of the military-you miss out on seeing family sometimes but I am so glad that we live close enough now that we can visit sometimes!

Ok-I am off of here to get the stuff done that I need to. Adrianna is bugging to get this present wrapped also! Have a great day and weekend everyone!
Stacy

2 comments:

Jody said...

I thought of you last night, we found this really cheap movie theater, it was only $2.00 a person, and that was for the good time, we took them all to see madagascar 2. Now ok it's been out for 2 months, but my kids don't care, the movies are the movies to them! :) I thought Stac would love to know there are such cheap places!

LosingSanity said...

I don't know if you remember me posting about vicks on my blog. But, when Makenneh was a bit younger and got sick, my aunt told me to put vicks on the bottom of her feet just before bed, then put socks on her. It works like a charm. It keeps the coughing down. I swear by it now and even use it on myself. However, it doesn't seem to work as well with adults...probably the calluses, tougher skin, who knows. But, it still helps even me.

Anyway, Florida sounds good right about now. I am sick of cold! I know you will be excited to be able to visit with Ericka!