Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What a LONG day!

First let me start off by saying that Kiersten is doing ok. When she got out of bed this morning she started whining a little bit and said her leg hurt but she is continuing to walk on it. The knee is still swollen-actually I think it is bigger than yesterday but she seems to be handling it fine!

So today was a pretty long day-hince the title! After getting the kids all up and getting the older ones to school I had to come right home and start laundry! This involved Kiersten and Kayleigh's blankets. On the way home from the school Kiersten accidently dropped her blanket in the mud so there was no going around the washer! Needless to say this did not make the girls very happy. Kayleigh at first was ok with it. Kiersten tried to climb the washer to get the blanket out of it. Then she was hyperventilating as she cried and cried for her blanket! I finally got her calmed down and about 10 minutes later the washer was done. I went upstairs to change the clothes to the dryer and she was so excited that her blanket was done----big let down. The blanket now has to be dried and someone was not to happy about that! Let me tell you when that dryer was done this mommy was oh so excited! I think I was more excited than the girls because now I could have some happy girls instead of screaming ones!

I got a phone call from the TEACCH program today. I am not sure if I put this on here but Adrianna needs to be evaluated for Pervasive Developmental Disorder which goes along with Autism spectrum disorders I guess! Anyway, they told me that I have to go through the school psychologist in order to get the packet and get their services! So I decided to get the girls up from the nap that they were not taking and head up to the school to see him. As I was getting the girls ready I get another phone call from-you guessed it-Justice's teacher! Problem was the phone at the school was messed up and I couldn't understand her at all and then we were disconnected! Good thing I was heading to the school anyway! Got to the school and of course the psychologist isn't there all the time and was not there so I had to leave him a message to get ahold of me! Then I headed to Justice's class! He was in timeout at the time and then I found out what he did. The boy just doesnt listen and then when he has to move his clip down he gets angry because he knows that he is in trouble from not getting that purple cat! He promised his teacher that he was going to have a better day and get that purple cat and he did! Also-the girls and I got to stay in the classroom for the rest of the day so it was pretty neat. The girls had a blast and Justice got to show me a little of what they do! Kayleigh made friends immediately-all the kids were taking her by the hand and leading her to different stations-she even painted a picture and put it on the fridge. Kiersten stayed with Justice and played-no surprise there-she is antisocial! She had fun though. I did talk to his teacher and I will be making him some appointments to have him evaluated for ADHD. Bringing up another thing. I did also find out yesterday from Adrianna's psychologist that from the eval done on her she is ADHD! Never would of thought she had the "H" in that equation but she does. So if she is ADHD then Justice is ADHD with about 5 "H"'s. The psychologist did also prescribe some medication for her to start on that will hopefully calm down her outbursts she has-we will see!

The rest of the day flew by. Got home and there was some guys selling all this meat and we spent alot of money but will not have to buy meat for a long time! We made an awesome dinner! Steaks, fried potatoes and mushrooms-Jon's style! Kept doing laundry, gave the kids baths and showers, cleaned the twins room and put the kids to bed. Now I am sitting here and watching American Idol!

Anyway, this got a lot longer than I intended it to! Guess I had a lot to say tonight! Hope everyone has a great evening!
Stacy

2 comments:

Jody said...

Man Stac, when I read your blog, I think that poor girl needs a good book and a bath, and some alone time! :) I hope you have a better day today! :)

LosingSanity said...

My head is still spinning from all of it. I do not know how you do it all and stay sane. Absolutely amazing!