Wednesday, January 7, 2009

To the New Year!

First let me say I haven't been on recently because my cord on my computer stopped working. Jon uses his computer for school so I can only use it when he is not home or not doing school work. I also wasn't sure what the web address for the blog was and remembered it last night so I decided to get on here today and update everyone!

I can't believe it is the New Year already! I am looking forward to this year and hope that it is a good one! Things are going ok here. Our trip was awesome! We got to see almost everyone that we set out to see-only missed seeing two families! I am going to make sure that we see them on our next trip!

On the way home we had good weather again! We only had one bad thing happen and that was Jon getting pulled over by an Ohio State Cop! Now everyone knows that Ohio Cops are jerks so I was not happy when Jon said oh no and started pulling over! I also was not feeling very good (Jon drove all but 2 1/2 hours because of this) so that didn't make this any better! Well, to our wonderful surprise and shock the cop decided to give us a friendly warning! There is no way Jon should of got away with this because he was going 15 over the speed limit but the cop decided to be nice and we were very greatful!

Now we are home and back to reality! My house is a mess! The dog was left out unattended which I was not happy about but I can't do anything about it but alot of stuff was tore up including my favorite and only pair of sandles!!! So I need to work on this house some-which is hard since I have not been able to catch up on not feeling good and have been so exhausted!

The kids are back in school! Adrianna is home today though because she got sick this morning. She is acting totally fine though so I wish I could of sent her to school! She is now in my room watching TV. The girls are back to potty training again. While in Michigan they decided that the bathroom was a waste of their time so ended up back in pull ups which didn't help Kayleigh any because she has always had rashes when she was wearing them! The kids love their new school! Their classrooms are so nice. Now if they could just get a playground there the school would be perfect.

Kiersten has started something new. She has decided that she likes to drink from the toliet. She is driving me nuts. No wonder she is not feeling good lately! I give her plenty of water, milk and juice but the girls insists on getting cups and going in the bathroom getting water from the toliet. No matter how we punish her she continues to do it. We can't leave the bathroom door closed because-one-we are potty training-and two-she knows how to open doors anyway! Anyone have any ideas of how to stop her or as to why she is doing this let me know!

Adrianna went to she her psychologist for the first time this week. He just asked alot of questions. He is getting some labs done on her and an EEG to make sure her heart is ok just in case he decides that she needs some type of medication and gave me some paperwork for her teacher to fill out! I hope that we can do this without medication. I don't feel that kids need to be put on medicine for every little thing that goes on but if it is decided that she needs it then we will see.

Ok-I think that is enough of an update for now! I think I am going to try to pick up around here and maybe take a nap when the girls do. It is such a dreary day and I am so so tired! Hope everyone has had a great New Year so far!
Stacy

3 comments:

LosingSanity said...

The toilet! It's cold water, you know;-) I have no idea how to stop it, as neither of my kids did that. THey do make toilet seat locks that keeps the lid down. You may want to try that (assuming that you have a potty chair for potty training..if not, that won't really work). Probably just have to keep taking them out of the bathroom and redirecting them every time. Hopefully, they (or did you say it's just Kiersten?) stop soon!

Hope you were able to get a nap in and that you are feeling better.

Jody said...

Happy New Year! I am glad you have your computer back

LosingSanity said...

Yeah, the Dora bucket is a great idea. It probably does have to do with getting it herself. Hopefully that works!