Thursday, January 8, 2009

So I took Kiersten to her appointment today. She has gained a little weight dispite her not eating well. The doctor wants me to get ahold of her neurologist and make another appointment because of her change in her attitude since her last seizure. She also put a referral in for the developmental pediatrician. Of course the waiting list to get into that doctor is 3-5 months-they will call if there are any openings. The doctor thinks that she should have another MRI done on her brain to make sure that nothing has changed since the last seizure. Seems like an easy test but I hate it because they have to put her to sleep for it with medications and there are always risks with that. I really want to have her checked out but I would rather be able to do it without the test! I guess I will see what Dr. Jaffe says! Anyway, please keep praying for her.

Adrianna has to go in tomorrow morning and get some blood work done and an EKG. Her psychologist wants to get some tests done just to make sure that if for some reason he needs to put her on medication he knows that everything else is ok. She is not looking forward to getting her blood taken but she is acting ok about it! I really hope that they can help us understand her more and be able to help her feel less angry and scared when change comes!

Anyway, other than that I am upset about dinner tonight. I think that the turkey was partly still frozen on the inside but it didn't feel like it because half of it wasn't cooked when we took it out. It was over 180 degrees where we put the thermometer but obviously was not done and it didn't have one of those pop up buttons so that didn't help! Here I was trying to make a nice dinner for the family and the turkey turned out awful and the pumpkin pie didn't cook fast enough so it wasn't ready to be eaten until after the kids went to bed! Oh well-I guess that they can enjoy it tomorrow!

Ok-I am off of here and going to bed since I have to get up at 5am again in order to have the van for the day! Hope that everyone has a great night!
Stacy

2 comments:

LosingSanity said...

Turkey can be so tricky!

Hope everything goes well with all the appointments. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Jody Cooper Photography said...

DOn't you hate having to get up so early just to keep a car!? We are thinking of finally getting a back and forther to base for Kevin just for this reason alone!