Thursday, October 9, 2008

I'm so frustrated!

So Kiersten is sick.....again! She has been running low grade fevers for the last few days with runny nose and coughing. Kayleigh has had the same runny nose and coughing but no fevers. So today I called the clinic to try to get her an appointment and they told me that we are supposed to be seen by a civilian doctor. I argued with the lady and told her that the clinic told me before that this was a glitch with the computer system and that we are to be seen at the clinic and she even put a note in the computer so others would know that. The lady refused to give me an appointment even after telling her that Kiersten has seizures with fevers and that I really need her seen. I at that point told her that if my daughter had a seizure then I was going to the clinic and blaming her for it----so christian of me don't you think. I was really angry though because here I am trying to keep my baby safe and she had no compassion at all! So I got Kiersten dressed and took her to the clinic. I went to the place that I went to before when I asked them about the whole problem and they told me we are to be seen there and had me call Tricare right there to make sure it was taken care of for good. Then they looked to see if they could get me an appointment and the only one they had was for 1:50---Jon leaves for work at 1:30 and we are down to one car so I told her to book it but I wasn't sure how I was going to get there. After booking the appointment she then went and talked to some other people and one of the ladies went to talk to the doctor. They knew with Kiersten's history and how bad her last seizures were that it was important to have her seen. The doctor said that she would see her right then! I was so greatful to these people and will be sending them cards! Turns out that Kiersten has something called Bullous myringitis. It is a fancy name for blisters on her ear drums. It is a good thing we got her in there today because it usually is accompanied with walking pnemonia but we caught it before that happened. She said that it is VERY painful and gave her numbing drops for her pain and an antibiotic to get rid of the infection. It is contagious and since Kayleigh has the cold as well we have to keep an eye on her. If she starts to get a fever or says something hurts we have to take her right in.

Now on to my other frustration! Justice keeps getting in trouble on the bus and at school. Nothing too big. In school he can't sit still and likes to play when he is supposed to learn but he usually stays on purple cat (which is a good thing). On the bus he really can't sit still. That is a long time to ask him to sit still when all day long he is on the go. Even when he is watching tv he is swirling his chair around. This morning one of our neighbors-who has talked to me before-got on the bus right next to the bus driver and was talking to her. It frustrated me because this is also Adrianna's bus and the goal is to get her on the bus and have it pull away as quickly as possible in order for her to get over the anxiety and be ok for school. Well, this lady keeps talking. I even turned to my other neighbor and said I hope that it doesn't involve my kids. Well, at the end I heard the bus driver say that the neighbors daughter is no where near Justice. My heart went right into my stomach. I don't even know what the issue is because this woman never has said anything to me and I really would like to know what is going on. She then got off the bus-her son was petting Daisy and she grabbed her sons hand and stormed into her house. I was a little shocked and I would really like to know what Justice did because it must of been really bad for her to do that but my thought is-if someone did something to my son and I knew the parents then I would go to them right away and let them know and try to solve it that way-not go and not say anything except-in this case-to the bus driver and then walk by like I was the worst person in the world. Whatever he did it must of been really bad. WHAT DO I DO??? I have thought about asking the bus driver to move Adrianna and Justice to the front seat just so I know that he will behave and I won't have to worry about this! Any advise is greatly appreciated! Anyone who knows Justice-I mean really knows Justice LOVES him. He is a great kid but does have a mouthy side and is very hyper! Ok-enough ranting! Have a great day everyone!
Stacy

2 comments:

LosingSanity said...

You need a nice, long, relaxing vacation! Good for you for insisting that the clinic see Kiersten. I can't believe that receptionist. She could have put you on hold and asked around or something...been a bit more compassionate. I hope you let them know about the rudeness so that hopefully it doesn't happen again.
Keep us posted on the girls. Sounds like you caught it just in time.

IDK what I would do about that bus situation. It blows my mind that this mom would act this way, because you are the last person I could see on the receiving end of that kinda meanness. If I were that other mom and had a problem, I would certainly bring it up to you first, especially seems how you were standing RIGHT there! Wow! I think someone forgot their Prozac when they woke up. (I know, not nice to say, but just reading this post makes me angry for you).

I think what I would do (or what I hope I would have the guts to do) is go knock on her door and present her with my sweetest smile. I would then tell her that "I overheard some of the discussion with the bus driver because my attention was caught when I heard my child's name. Then, when you proceeded to stomp past me like the plague, well, I got the impression that perhaps you are unhappy about something to do with my child and I would like the opportunity to make an attempt to correct the problem if there is indeed a problem. Would you care to talk about it?" I so would love to see her face after you say this to her, because I am certain it will almost knock her off her feet. It sounds like she is one of those people that like to stomp around and throw fits but never address any problems so they can actually be dealt with. Don't forget to end your conversation with a very overly pleasant, "Have a blessed day!".

Seriously, I would approach it that way...meeting it head on. That way, she knows that you want to know if your child is doing something he/she shouldn't be doing and that you are willing to address problems when they arise. Maybe if there is a next time, she will come to you first instead of huffing and puffing around like a mad hornet. Not to mention, it lets her know you aren't afraid to confront issues and deal with them.

Good luck with all of it. Sounds like you had a really bad day! Hope tomorrow is better!

Jody said...

I am with the lady before me! :) I would go to her door Stac and comfront her! You were standing right there, how 2 is someone acting to do that! I "love" people when they act this way, as I was reading your issue, I was getting upset! People aggrivate me! How can we be good role models to our children, when this is how we act? I am not saying I am always the bigger person, I have showed my panties a couple of times, but I would like to think it was a last resort! Ok, and for real.... if Justice is good at school, honestly Stac maybe he's just "done" by the time he's on the bus! He's a sweet little boy, but he is also that... A BOY! :)