Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Potty Training

We have started the Potty Training adventure with the twins! We have done it off and on since we moved to the states but for the last few weeks we have really been trying to do this. Well, this morning Kiersten asked for underwear so I let her wear some since she has been the one going in the toliet. She had an accident in them and then in another pair when upstairs because someone shut the bathroom door upstairs. Other than that I put a third pair on her this morning and she stayed dry for the rest of the day except for her nap time! I am so excited! She was so excited everytime she went. She wouldn't even tell me she had to go-she would just take her underwear off and go to her toliet and then bring me her underwear to help her put them back on. I am so excited that she did so well today-she even got upset when I needed to put the pullup on for bed because she wanted underwear but I knew we were not that far into the potty training to let her do that. Kayleigh on the other hand will not go very often on the toliet. She will go poop but that is about it! She just doesn't want to do it that much. I am hoping that since she wants to put on the underwear like Kiersten that she will start getting into going on the toliet.

In other news-I get to go to the Michael W. Smith/Steven Curtis Chapman concert on Thursday. Just two days away! I can't wait until we get to go. Of course that is also the same day that Adrianna has her first therapy appointment. Please be praying that things go well with the appointment and the therapist can help Adrianna figure out what is going on with her and make her less nervous and scared of things! Well, I am off to bed! Have a great night everyone!
Stacy

2 comments:

Jody Cooper Photography said...

Oh... I remember those days! If it helps any at all, it gets better, and is so fun once they are offically and fully, all day and night potty trained!:) You will look back and laugh! :)

LosingSanity said...

Good luck with the potty training. Hope both girls catch on quickly and make it easy for you. I was so happy when Sebastian finally got it! It has been nice not having to buy diapers anymore.

Enjoy yourself at the concert. I am sure you can't wait!

Hope Adrianna's appointment goes well and that the therapy helps her to work through the anxiety. Just remember that if this therapist doesn't work out for any reason (even if it's that Adrianna just doesn't like him/her, don't hesitate to switch because having that connection is key to success).