Sunday, August 17, 2008

What a great day we had!

So today was a really good day! Didn't get much done with the house-I think I need to save that more for the weekdays! We went to church and it was such an awesome service! Half of it was drama type skits and the other half the Pastor preached! I think we are going to stick with this church. Adrianna even didn't want to leave-can you believe that-my daughter that cries everytime we try to leave her at her classroom wanted to stay because she made some new friends-that felt so so good!

After church we came home and ate lunch and Jon watched the kids so I could take a nap. I couldn't believe that I got a two hour nap in today-that felt so so good! I also started this new thing. Before we went grocery shopping yesterday I asked each one of the older kids for one meal that they wanted me to make this week. They each gave me their decisions and yesterday we got all of the food for them! Tonight was the first time I made the meals and I went with Justice's. I also decided that as a one on one thing that whenever I made the kids meal that they chose they could help me so Justice helped me make English Muffin pizzas and we also had pineapple, carrots with ranch dressing and for dessert we had strawberries with cool whip (all Justices pick-he LOVES carrots). Needless to say it was one of the best meals that we have had in a long time. We actually sat down at the table as a family for the first time in a long time and had so much fun doing it. You should of seen the twins eating-Kiersten dipping her carrots in the ranch dressing and smiling so big with it all over her face and Kayleigh only wanted to eat the carrots period-nothing else at least until the strawberries came out! Anyway, after dinner Jon read to the kids from the Bible while I did the dishes. It was just a great night all together! Even got all of the school stuff sorted out and in their back packs! It just makes me smile when I look at my family and how wonderful each and every member is in their own different ways! I just want to say to everyone to please not take their family for granted and enjoy every minute together!
Stacy

No comments: