Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Glad I did things my way

So I just got off the phone with the lady from the school. The school has decided that since Adrianna is making some progress the last few weeks in class that they are not going to test her! Needless to say I let the lady know that I decided to do testing outside of the school. I then asked that if the people testing decided that she does need extra help then the school has to do something right????----the answer I got was no. HUH-I am so sick of this! Her therapist and psychiatrist told me that if these tests come back and say that she has PDD-NOS then she has to get the extra help at school-they have no choice but according to this lady they have to take the testing into consideration but if they still think it doesn't effect her at school they will not give her the extra help and just because she may have PDD-NOS she doesn't automatically get that help! I have a feeling I have a HUGE fight on my hands so please keep praying for her and us in this!

EDIS came out today to let me know that Kiersten doesn't qualify for their program! That I am happy about-that means there is nothing wrong with her. The only reason I went along with there testing is because her doctor suggested it just to make sure things are ok with her since her seizures and they are She tested average on everything. She only got on score that was kind of low-but still normal-and that was because she just flat out told them that she didn't want to do what she asked! It is good to know that she isn't behind on anything-now if we could just get her to be a little nicer.

I think that is all that is new! I will update later! Hope everyone has a great day!
Stacy

2 comments:

LosingSanity said...

I can't believe the school on this, Stacy. That is completely horrible. I suggest that you get familiar with who your local and state politicians are and gear up for a big battle. Of course, start with the superintendent of the school but keep climbing that ladder until you get someone who will do something for her. I am so shocked that the school is giving you such a hard time. I hope it all gets straightened out with the least amount of hassle for you.

Jody said...

I like it Stace.... the background that is :) you know I am all AF Wife proud :) when i saw that background, and the site, I loved it!