Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend in Review

So we had a pretty good weekend dispite the weather! Everyone knows how I hate tornado's and I get teased a lot about my weather machine but I am so glad I have one! It seems like here in NC the storms like to happen at night and on Friday we had tornado's not far from here. We had a movie night with the kids on Friday night! We watched Beverly Hills Chahuahua. The kids really liked the movie. I didn't like that we had to wait until 9pm to start the movie because Jon took Justice and Kayleigh on their special day and didn't get back until then but that is life. That means the kids were up until 11pm but Jon said-don't worry that just means they will sleep in tomorrow! Yeah right-my kids sleep in-I don't think they have it in them!

Saturday was another stormy, rainy day. We did manage to get in a good morning though without the rain which was perfect for our plans! We took the kids to the Art Museum because Adrianna needed to go there for her American Heritage Girls. We had fun looking at the very small museum-perfect size for my kids though. Afterwards we went outside and the kids did a craft. They had a lot of fun picking out their sticks and making it. When the crafts were done we fed the ducks. The museum has a Duck Pond on the property so it was fun to do that. Kayleigh kept throwing the bread at the ducks when their heads were turned. The twins were not too fond of the Geese though-they were too big for them I think! I think I got some good pictures but they are not on my computer yet. As soon as we got done feeding the ducks we got to the van and when the doors closed it literally started pooring! I looked at Jon and said-we couldn't of planned that more perfect!

From then we went home and gave the girls their naps and as soon as they woke up we went to Bud and Kristen's for our weekend dinner and poker night. We had a bar-b-que dispite the weather! It was really good. I have to say I didn't win this week but Jon did so I guess that was good.

Sunday was pretty good. We went to church and then out to eat at a Chinese Buffett! It was pretty good but I have to say challenging. Now that the girls are potty training it is not very easy to get a meal in when you have to take them to the bathroom so many times. Not to mention the mess they made with the ice cream but it was fun none the less! When we went home we had a relaxing day watching TV and then in the evening we took the kids out back to play It is fun to play games as a family. While out there we met our new neighbor. Her husband and kids are not here yet (she is the one in the military). Guess what though--------she has 4 yr old twin girls!!! I may help her out and babysit for her when the girls get here-the girls get here in two weeks and then her son who is 7 comes in June when he gets out of school!

Anyway, I made a dentist appointment for Justice tomorrow morning. Friday he showed us his gums and it looked like something was eating a way at them. I think it may be his medication because he has trouble swallowing his pills and holds it in his mouth. The reason that I think this is because he didn't have his medication this weekend and it is getting better but we will make sure of that tomorrow morning! I also am going to set up some appointments for the other kids as well when I am there tomorrow! They all could use a cleaning!

Well, that is all for now! Hope that everyone enjoyed their weekend and I will update more soon!
Stacy

2 comments:

Jody said...

sounds like you had a great weekend! :)

LosingSanity said...

Busy weekend. Glad it was fun, despite the weather.