Thursday, March 19, 2009

Who would of thought!

So I know that this may be a silly thing to post a bulletin about but some of you may have a budding little artist just like me (mine is Kayleigh) and may not have known this. So as I said-Kayleigh is my little artist but instead of keeping her art on paper so LOVES to color on the walls. I get so upset with the older kids if they leave any kind of anything that can be used for writing out because Kayleigh WILL find it and start on my walls. She completely covered the upstairs hallway, the walls going down the stairs and some of the front room. I have been so frustrated about it but didn't want to deal with the mess that the magic erasers make-not to mention the paint that they take off. Well, someone told me about using the bathroom cleaner scrubbing bubbles!!! IT IS THE BEST!!! It only took me an hour to get all the stuff off the walls. The easiest to take off was the marker (I am so glad that most of the mess on the walls upstairs was marker), then pencil, then crayon and last but not least pen. The pen took a little bit of elbow grease but it finally came off. I used one of those scrubby things that you get for washing dishes (they are orange and yellow) and it took the stuff right off with no mess and the paint is still on the wall. Oh yeah it also took off the greasy mess from the chapstick that Kayleigh tried to paint with. I mean to tell you-she used all that I mentioned to do her artwork and now you would never know! So it worked so well I decided to post the bulletin so other stressed out mommies or daddies can know about it just in case!!!

2 comments:

Jody said...

you should have taken a picture of her work!! :)

LosingSanity said...

Glad you found something that made it easier to wash. I have found that bathroom cleaner works wonders for many things (even the generic stuff)...including stain removal from clothes!